Tuesday, December 28, 2010

The first few Days

I left Cape Town at 11am on the 27th of December.
Thank you to my family who came to wish me well on this journey.

The first night was spent with my parents in Britannia Bay, a small village on the West Coast.
Britannia Bay is a suburb of St Helena Bay, the main area of the fishing industry here in South Africa.



After a good lunch and repacking of the vehicle, I set off along the West Coast road, the R27 all the way to Elandsbaai from where I headed inland towards Clanwilliam and then followed the N7 in a northerly direction.

300 kms north of Cape Town, I arrived in Vanrhynsdorp where I visited the Western Cape Gateway, the tourism organisation for Cape Town and The Western Cape region. The staff gave me information on the points of interest in their area and then wished me luck on my journey northwards.

Last night I camped for the first time at the Garies Caravan Park, which has obviously seen better days. As it was out of season, I was the only person there and fell asleep with the sound of big trucks passing along the highway.



Now sitting in Springbok having a World famous Wimpy breakfast and Coffee.

Plan for today is to cross the border into Namibia, drive until it becomes to hotand then have a siesta on the side of the road.

No comments:

Post a Comment